My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

" Mom! One day I'll wanna grow up to be like EuniceNg! "

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Isaiah 10:15
[Shall the ax boast itself against him who chops with it?
Or shall the saw exalt itself against him who saws with it?
As if the rod could wield itself against him who lift it up,
Or as if a staff could lift up,as if it were not wood.]

Be humble at all times. =)

This verse really showed me what being humble is about, cause frankly all along I wasn't so sure what exactly humility meant =X
Everything that you have and achieved right now and in the future doesn't give you the right to be proud and think highly of yourself. For everything that we have is rightfully given by God himself, without him.. we can do nothing.
An axe cant boast that it is a sharp chopping gadget when it's actually the chopper who chops accurately and with large amount of strength correct? Hahas.. the same concept applies to man.
You don't own your achievements completely to yourself just because you can't see whose's guiding and helping you the whole time.
God's the only one who can lift us up from where we are.

''I am the vine,you are the branches.
Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear
Much fruit,because without me you can do nothing''
[John 15:5]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home